Oaklands provides before and after school care and vacation care. All outside school hours programs support the My Time, Our Place framework and aim to promote the following learning outcomes:
- children to have a strong sense of identity
- children to be connected with and contribute to their world
- children to have a strong sense of well being
- children to be confident and involved learners
- children to be effective communicators.
Before and After School Care
Before and After School Care is provided for Churchie Prep students from reception to year 6 at The Cottage, a fully licences and accredited venue on the Churchie Campus. A light afternoon tea is provided as well as indoor and outdoor experiences and activities, including homework, curricular, community service projects and supervised play. Opening hours and costs are:
- Before School Care: 6.30 – 8.15 am, $17 per day
- After School Care 3 – 6.30 pm, $25 per day (afternoon tea provided)
Vacation Care is open to all children (boys and girls) who attend any school, offered during the Churchie school holiday periods for Reception up to Year 6. Vacation care combines excursions, theme-based days and shows that come to The Cottage. All meals and snacks are provided by parents unless otherwise advised on the daily program. Opening times are from 7 am to 6.30 pm. Every day, children should bring in their hat, enclosed shoes, lunch, morning tea, drink bottle and a backpack in which to carry their belongings. Excursions are an additional cost.
- All children must be booked in and all bookings must be made 24 hours in advance. A booking link will be available here closer to the next vacation period.
- The cost of Vacation Care at Oaklands is $54 per day, payable to Oaklands Child Care Centre via eftpos, direct debit, credit card of cheque.
For more information contact the Outside School Hours Care Coordinator on (07) 3891 2016 or [email protected].